Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome

"flowers and even fruit are only the beginning.
in the seed lies the life and the future."
- marion zimmer bradley

Hello... anybody there? Thanks Heather for getting the ball rolling on this my new Yoga Blog! I'm very excited to share with everyone some of the great things I experience because of the incredible yoga community that I am a part of.

First of all, I'd like to introduce a class that I've been teaching for a little over a year now. We hold classes at our local church building and kids are invited. One of the first classes we had is memorable to me personally, because my then 2 year old son rode his big wheel around the carpeted gymnasium during our practice. Sitting in dandasana my little guy kept on riding his big wheel across my legs, then wove his way through the other bodies until he got back out to clearer roads. We all chuckled a little then continued listening to our ujjayi breath {if you watch this entertaining demo know that we practice our ujjayi breathing a bit differently} reeling our focus back to the practice. A wonderful kind of energy is present because of our little ones "practicing" with us.

Practitioners come and go as life continues to move along. Hopefully, (...you still there?) through this blog, we can continue to stay connected as well as broaden our yoga community- our sangha. I look forward to sharing our journey down this yogic path.












5 comments:

Heather said...

I wish I could be in your Yoga class! Looks so great!

adabelle said...

Wish you could join us, too. I guess we have to settle for big family get togethers. Not quite the same, but I think its great fun to see the guys try to balance.

LRC said...

Very cool Ada.
One of the high points of our Thanksgiving get together was your Yoga class. Even though I wimped out in the first 5 minutes.
Everyone had fun "trying" to do it.
Mom had a great time too.
I like the site and will visit often

Tammie said...

The pictures are great! Your class is awesome!! Thank you!!! We love ya Adabelle!

Candi said...

Thanks for the great workshop this morning Adabelle it was great. I must have starting doing it properly since my arms are really sore today and I didn't do much. Thanks for being patient with me.